Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Orange County Fair

Last Thursday I took three pieces down to the fair grounds. When I got there, all excited and stuff, I was really impressed with the entries (competition); especially one from a friend of mine - his is really fantastic. I figured I'd be hard pressed to win anything. This afternoon I got a call from our club president, who is forever giving me a hard time for winning stuff. He said my pinecone vase (from last November) had won first place in it's division. It also got Best In Show, which I think covers all divisions, and it won Jurors Choice (I'm not sure what that covers). Then he said the vase I made and gave to Roxanne (Brads daughter) as a wedding present, also won first place in its division. So, I'm feeling pretty good right now.
The fellow down the street won first place for the piece he entered. So, the guys on Skyline Drive did pretty well for themselves this year. OH HAPPY DAY!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Dad! I really don't think anything stands a chance against your pinecones. They are a wonder to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! We really need some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, but I'm not surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pinecone photo can be found on the Gilroy Family Blog dated Oct. 1, 2010, and Roxannes vase, same blog, April 5, 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That is VERY cool! (p.s., I'd like an award for something...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just telling Ryan that after all these years (and being on the C team in track) Dad has found his niche, something he is definitely the best at. Then I asked Ryan if I would ever be so good at something that I could actually win. He told me I'm very good at convincing people of things (selling stuff, etc.) I felt discouraged, I don't think I'll win any awards for being convincing. Unless I can convince someone to just give me an award.

    ReplyDelete