Sunday, April 22, 2012

New Zealand Scenery

Here is the Auckland skyline from the harbor
We crossed the harbor to Devonport, a suburb of Auckland.  At 5pm people pour out of the office buildings in Auckland and head for the ferries to take them to the many towns across the water.  They're usually very quiet places; nice to live in.
Kathy and I liked Wellington best.
We liked Rotorua least.  The city lies along the shores of a huge shallow lake; all sitting at the bottom of an enormous caldera.  Problem is there are geyser vents all over town.  The place stinks.  The night we stayed there I woke up and thought I was going to heave.  The smart people live out of town.
One redeeming quality of Rotorua were some of the sights to see; among them the Black Swan - pretty cool


3 comments:

  1. That's funny that the whole town stinks, I wonder if people get used to it? The black swan is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could ever get used to a 'stink'!

    ReplyDelete